Brief summary of program purpose
Parenting has always come with its own unique challenges and never more so than the present.
Learn how to support your teen to develop positive coping skills, build their resilience and navigate challenges constructively. Transform misunderstanding, exasperation and doubt into certainty, optimism and strength.
Over three weekly sessions, you will be guided through this solutions-based program and supported to address individual concerns effectively.
- Different parenting styles
- Brain development, the fear response and age-appropriate behaviour
- Strategies you can implement to promote calmer, less emotional responses including:
- Focusing & Grounding exercises
- Body mapping, Testing worries, Name it to tame it
- Connecting thoughts, feelings, behaviour and body sensations
- Identifying and developing coping skills and building resilience
- The role of communication, compassion and ‘sensitive parenting skills’
What you will learn:
- Increased confidence in sharing your parenting concerns
- The transformation of misunderstanding, exasperation and doubt into certainty, optimism and strength
- Clear and evidence-based information about parenting strategies that work
- Guidance and advice for feeling more competent and confident in responding to your adolescent child’s needs as well as tips for looking after your own
Best suited to:
Parents and carers of teenagers aged 13 to 18
The workshop is delivered over three weeks in two hour sessions.
2021 dates are:
Wednesday 5:30pm to 7:30pm March10, 17 and 24
Thursday 5:30pm to 7:30pm June 10, 17 and 24
Wednesday 5:30pm to 7:30pm September 13, 20 and 27
Due to COVID-19 restrictions these workshops are being delivered online, as restrictions ease, these workshops will be delivered at our Sandringham office.
The cost per person is $100
Per couple is $180
Concession is $80 per person
Please contact us to access the 10% discount for multiple workshop bookings.
Limited spaces available. Maximum number of participants is 10.
Acceptance into this program is subject to minimum enrolment numbers being achieved and/or maximum numbers being reached. Heartlinks reserves the right to discontinue service should the facilitator deem a participant to be better suited to an alternative form of support.
Bookings and more information:
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 8599 5488