Brief summary of program purpose
Parenting has always come with its own unique challenges and never more so than the present. Learn why positive interactions with your infant, and effective and positive communication with your toddler or preschooler will lead to a more resilient child and a strong family bond.
Raise awareness of your own or your children’s possible responses to the stress and worry that has come from living with COVID-19 restrictions and the many challenges it has brought with it.
Over three weekly sessions, you will be guided through this solutions-based program and supported to address individual concerns effectively.
- Attachment, brain development, the fear response and age-appropriate behaviour
- Strategies you can implement to promote calmer, less emotional responses including:
- Focusing & Grounding exercises
- Body mapping, Testing worries, Name it to tame it
- Connecting thoughts, feelings, behaviour and body sensations
- Different parenting styles
- Identifying and developing coping skills and building resilience
- The role of communication, compassion and ‘sensitive parenting skills’
What you will learn:
- Increased confidence in sharing your parenting concerns
- The transformation of misunderstanding, exasperation and doubt into certainty, optimism and strength
- Clear and evidence-based information about parenting strategies that work
- Guidance and advice for feeling more competent and confident in responding to your child’s needs as well as tips for looking after your own
Best suited to:
Parents and carers of infants aged 0 to 4
The workshop is delivered over three weeks in two hour sessions
Next workshops dates: Thursday July 9, July 16 and July 23
Time: 12:00pm to 2:00pm
Due to COVID-19 social distancing restrictions, this workshop will be delivered online using a secure, internet based platform.
The cost per person is $240
Per couple is $400
Concession is $210 per person
Limited spaces available. Maximum number of participants is 10.
Acceptance into this program is subject to minimum enrolment numbers being achieved and/or maximum numbers being reached. Heartlinks reserves the right to discontinue service should the facilitator deem a participant to be better suited to an alternative form of support.
Bookings and more information:
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 8599 5488