Parenting has always come with its own unique challenges and never more so than the present.
Raise awareness of your own or your children’s possible responses to COVID-19 and the many challenges it has brought with it. Learn useful, practical strategies to parent during COVID-19, addressing amongst other issues: anxiety; remote learning; and isolating at home.
- Different theories:
- The role of stress in your life
- ‘Dipper and Bucket’ theory
- Negative thought stacking
- Five ways to wellbeing
- RAIN: Recognise, Accept, Investigate, Nourish
- APIE: Assessment, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation
- Name it to tame it
- Circles of control, influence, concern
- Time cycle of your life
- Use of ‘The Third Space’
- Self compassion
- Importance of communication
- Tips for maintaining well-being
What you will learn:
- What you can influence and what is within your control
- The role that stress plays in your life
- Options to improve your wellbeing
- Self-care strategies
- That self care is not selfish
- How to implement change
Best suited to:
Suitable for anyone who wants to explore and expand their understanding of their own well-being and how to improve it.
The programs are presented as a 2 hour workshop.
Tuesday May 19 - 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Wednesday May 20 - 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Wednesday May 20 - 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Monday May 25 - 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
This workshop is free.
Bookings and more information:
For more information or to book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 8599 5488.