Along with the usual demands of teaching a wide cross-section of students within a classroom, teachers are now faced with distance learning and students who will likely be impacted in different ways by the onset and enduring nature of COVID-19. This session will support your understanding of some of the challenges and different ways to approach them.
- Historical and current challenges in this teaching environment, for both teachers and students
- The impact of trauma
- The difference between stress and anxiety
- Possible responses by children during COVID-19, including the influence of brain and child development
- Different strategies to try, including the importance of co-regulation
- Post-COVID-19 & future opportunities
What you will learn:
- A deeper understanding of the impact of trauma
- Different behaviours students may exhibit
- Strategies to use in response to challenging behaviour
- What might post-COVID-19 experiences be and responses to them
Best suited to:
Teachers of any year level.
These workshops are no longer available.
For information about our upcoming workshops please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 8599 5488.